J-E's blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

First post from Japan

Hey everyone, I`m typing this from Japan!

Hawaii was pretty sweet, my flight got delayed for about 3 hours and then the taxi driver got "lost" on the way to the wedding and I barely made it on time, but I got overcharged and I had to change in the parking lot. The wedding was great though, very beautiful and I'm super happy for Ryan and Selita.

At the wedding I ended up talking to some people from Chapman that I had seen around, but that I never really talked to. I was planning on just hanging out and sleeping on the beach all night, but Mike and Ben ended up letting me crash at their hotel for the night, which was super sweet of them! Ben passed out right when we got to the hotel, but Mike and I decided to go to the beach and do some night swimming. I could see my feet even though it was pitch black, that's how clear the water was.

It started getting cold so we went back to the hotel and chilled in the hot tub. I left the next morning and Mike hooked me up with a shuttle ride to the airport so that I didn't have to pay a ton of money to another shady taxi. They were so hospitable, it was such a blessing. If either of you are reading this you're always welcome in my home.

I am now in Japan waiting for Francis to show up.

The first picture I took in Japan is of myself, of course.

So, while on the plane I had a lot of reflection time and I feel like sharing some of the things I mused upon.

I am a person that adores all things unique and original. I absolutely abhor the trite and cliche. I love being able to experience something that no one else has experienced. I love getting gifts that are personalized to me, a gift that no one else in the world has ever received. I love things that take thought and creativity to make and enjoy. I think that's why I love large cities so much. Everything is always different and unique depending on the area, whereas nature (for the most part) is pretty much the same thing I've seen 2 million times over. Cliche ideas suck, do something different! Stand out! Stop regurgitating the same thoughts that have been feed to you all your life! Just think for yourself.

Until next time.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM , Blogger R.A. said...

    Hey, while you're in Japan, here's some advice for you:

    "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

    Oh...wait...I'm sorry! Was that cliche??? Wow, sorry dude.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home