J-E's blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

A Reminder to Stop

I've been meditating on Psalm 3 lately, here's a little excerpt that stood out to me.

4 To the LORD I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill.
Selah

5 I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.

6 I will not fear the tens of thousands
drawn up against me on every side.

David spends the first half of the verse crying to God saying that so many men surround him. He is constantly on the run, fleeing from his son absalom, when he does something odd, he lies down and sleeps. He decided to stop crying out and God sustained him. Then David woke up with no fear, because he completely trusted God to take care of him.

It was a reminder for me to just have faith. I always tend to spend time crying out to God, but I rarely ever sit back and let God sustain me like He promised He would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home