J-E's blog

Friday, May 30, 2008

Japan Post-Mortem

It's been a couple month since I've been back from Japan and I've had a lot of time to take in everything that happened there. I've been updating this post for a while and it's time for me to finish it up.

Japan was nothing like I expected it to be. I was expecting some wild culture with people that were nothing like I'd ever seen before. A clean high tech culture that is a utopia of sorts, but that wasn't the case. Instead I found a people as broken and stuck in a rut as we are.

I have no idea what God has for me, but I'm excited to see it. I kept looking towards a day when I would go somewhere (like Japan) and God would use me in an amazing way. During the trip I realized that the time is now and I need to be in a place and state of mind where God can always use me.

Right now that place is Hollywood and work and it's been exciting to see what God has done to my heart in regards to both of those places. The apathy that's plagued me for the past few years is finally lifting and my heart is breaking for those around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home